ArmInfo.Armenian Ombudsman Arman Tatoyan published a guidebook on consumer rights and obligations in the field of gas supply.
According to the office of the Human Rights Defender, the document was prepared on the basis of the observations of the Office of the HRD and the results of the study of the applications and complaints received by the Ombudsman.
In particular, the guide touched the following main areas:
- how the subscriber can get answers to his questions;
- whether the company supplying gas to the population is obliged to answer these questions;
- where to install the counter;
- in what cases the supplier has the right to stop the gas supply to the subscriber;
- supplier rights in case of non-payment by the subscriber;
- what to do if you do not agree with the amount of payment in the receipt for gas;
- how to appeal the actions of the supplier;
- in which cases the matter is subject to consideration by the Ombudsman and who may file a complaint.