ArmInfo.Both on the part of the Ministry of Defense of Armenia and on the part of the Artsakh Defense Army, everything is being done to reduce the number of incidents in the army (related to army hazing - ed.note). Armenian Minister of Defense David Tonoyan stated this on January 25 in an interview with reporters answering on a question from ArmInfo. "But, unfortunately, there are some unpredictable acts," said the head of the Armenian defense department.
And in the context of this, he noted that in connection with the incident that happened the day before in the Artsakh Defense Army, there was initially a certain lack of information, which was due to the deployment.
"However, the leadership of the Artsakh Defense Army promptly clarified the situation. Fortunately, there are no victims. Of course, the soldier who shot himself has health problems. He's got a wound incompatible with life, however, our doctors are doing everything to save him. He will soon be transferred to Yerevan, "the Armenian minister said.
He stated that the second soldier was slightly injured. However, Tonoyan urged not to draw sudden conclusions and wait for the results of the preliminary investigation, noting that the situation was out of control.
As ArmInfo previously reported, on January 24 at 06:55am local time in one of the military units of the Artsakh Defense Army located in the northern direction of the line of contact of the troops, soldiers Henrikh-Hayk Zakarean (born 2001) and Armen Mesropyan (born 2000) received gunshot wounds.
The Investigative Committee also said that Zakarean received a gunshot wound in the head, and Mesropyan in right forearm. It should also be noted that Zakaraean has already been operated on, doctors evaluate his condition as serious.