ArmInfo. The fire that broke out this morning in the building of the Press House has been localized. This was reported to reporters by a senior firefighter of the rescue and fire fighting organization department, Major Artur Mardanyan.
"The fire broke out, most likely due to a short circuit, I can not say for sure. The building was de-energized with some delay, since almost every floor is equipped with electricity via a separate power line", he said.
At the same time, Mardanyan assured that the fire did not affect any of the rooms on the other floors, except for the one in which the electrical panels are located.
"There is no danger. All people from the building have been evacuated. At the moment, checks are underway on all 15 floors of the building>, he said, noting that it took about half an hour to localize the fire. As Major Mardanyan emphasized, fire extinguishing work continues.
To recall, on January 18 at 11:47am a call was received to the service number <911>, signaling a fire that broke out on the 1st floor of the building of the Press House. Four combat crews from the fire and rescue squads of the rescue department of the city of Yerevan Emergencies Ministry of the Republic of Armenia, as well as the operational group of the rescue and fire fighting organization department, arrived at the scene.