Thursday, November 21 2019 14:54
Alina Hovhannisyan

Arman Barseghyan: In 2020, the growth rate of business loans will  exceed the dynamics of growth in lending to individuals

Arman Barseghyan: In 2020, the growth rate of business loans will  exceed the dynamics of growth in lending to individuals

ArmInfo. Since the  beginning of 2019, retail business loans in Ameriabank have increased  by almost 40% over 9 months, reaching 25 billion drams. On November  20, Arman Barseghyan, director of retail banking at Ameriabank, said  this at an online press conference.

He noted that online lending to the business segment in the total  portfolio of business loans in value terms increased by almost 3  fold, exceeding 3 billion drams. In quantitative terms, over a  thousand loans were provided online.

At the same time, A. Barseghyan noted that taking into account the  data of the state register, which indicate the opening of numerous  new enterprises, private entrepreneurs, business activity in 2019 is  only the beginning of the process.

, he  said.

According to the Financial Rating of the Banks of Armenia as of  September 30, 2019, prepared by ArmInfo IC, Ameribank is the leader  in terms of corporate lending, and in retail lending it is in TOP-5.  So, the volume of corporate loans of the bank as of the reporting  date amounted to 424.1 billion drams (y-o-y growth of 4.5%), and the  volume of retail loans - 134.3 billion drams (y-o-y growth of 54.3%).  Corporate lending dominates in the total loan portfolio of the bank -  76%, and the remaining 24% is in retail loans.  Ameriabank accounts  for about 20% of total corporate loans in the market, and over 10% in  total retail loans. Ameriabank completed 9 months of 2019 with a net  profit of 8.8 billion drams, with an y-o-y growth of 8.5%. (The  calculated exchange rate of the dram on September 30, 2019 was 475.97  dr / $ 1).  To recall, Ameriabank is a universal bank offering  corporate, retail and investment services in a comprehensive package.  Ameriabank has been operating in the Armenian market since October  31, 1996.  The shareholders of Ameriabank are Ameria Group CY Ltd. -  56.53%, EBRD - 17.78%, Asian Development Bank - 13.96%, ESPS Holding  Limited - 11.73%.

POST A COMMENT
Input digits     



Commented
Search by date