ArmInfo. The Nagorno-Karabakh issue remains unresolved, the ex-commander of the Artsakh Defense Army, former secretary of the Nagorno-Karabakh Security Council Samvel Babayan told reporters on November 29.
He was invited to testify at the commission of the National Assembly of the Republic of Armenia to investigate the circumstances of the 44-day war.
As Babayan noted, the Karabakh conflict has not been resolved and cannot be resolved at any time.
When asked how he envisioned a solution to this issue, Samvel Babayan replied that at one time he proposed creating a Committee. "But since the Karabakh authorities probably have their own options, and the Armenian opposition believes that I am interfering in their plans, so I refrained from doing so. We have a very smart opposition, I would not want to interfere with them, they have their own plans, they they see the future - where they are going, what they are doing," Babayan ironically noted. He added that everyone is guilty of the loss of Artsakh and its surrender to Azerbaijan, including the Armenian authorities, led by Prime Minister of the Republic of Armenia Nikol Pashinyan. Moreover, among the culprits the politician treated both journalists and society as a whole.
Babayan also stated that after the well-known events he did not meet with Artsakh President Samvel Shahramanyan and does not know about any intentions of the Karabakh leadership.
Answering the question about the reasons for his first refusal to participate in the work of the commission to investigate the circumstances of the 44-day war, the ex-commander noted that he had previously proposed to study the events of the last 20 years that took place around Nagorno-Karabakh, but the commission members refused. Now he came to the meeting because he was invited. Babayan said that he will not avoid questions and is ready to answer honestly.