ArmInfo. The Government of Armenia will allocate 360 million drams to regional administrations to provide food and non-food goods to forced migrants from Nagorno- Karabakh. The decision was made on September 28 at a meeting of the Cabinet of Ministers.
As stated by Minister of Territorial Administration and Infrastructures Gnel Sanosyan, the administrations of Gegharkunik, Vayots Dzor and Syunik regions will be allocated 50 million drams each, and all other regions -by 30 million drams. The difference is due to the fact that more compatriots from Artsakh are displaced in these three regions. If necessary, funds will be redistributed, the minister explained.
Earlier, on Monday, the authorities had already allocated 100 million drams to the Syunik regional administration to meet the needs of forced migrants.
After the so-called "anti-terrorist measures of a local nature" by Azerbaijan on September 19, and after the subsequent confirmation of a ceasefire under Baku's terms (from September 20), the mass displacement of the population of Artsakh began.
As of 10:00 a.m. on September 28, the number of citizens forcibly displaced from Nagorno-Karabakh to Armenia was 66,500 out of the 120,000 population of NKR. Of the arriving compatriots, about 11 thousand people were accommodated. They were accommodated mainly in hotels, guest houses; some Artsakh residents were sheltered by Armenian citizens.
Today, head of the RA Cabinet of Ministers, Nikol Pashinyan, said that an analysis of current processes shows that in the coming days there will be no Armenians left in Nagorno-Karabakh. "This is simply an act of ethnic cleansing and depatriation, which we have repeatedly warned the international community about," he said. Today, the President of Artsakh signed a decree on actions arising from the situation created after September 19, 2023, according to which the Republic of Artsakh will cease to exist on January 1, 2024.