ArmInfo.On October 15, 19 students of Artashat secondary school N5 were hospitalized due to food poisoning. The Ministry of Healthcare of Armenia received information that at least 19 children with nausea and weakness were hospitalized from the Artashat School N 5 at the Artashat Medical Center. According to preliminary data, children were poisoned by pizza with sausages sold in a school cafeteria. The school cafeteria and the hospital have investigators from the regional investigative department of Ararat.
As the Investigative Committee of Armenia reports, a criminal case has been instituted on the issue of release or sale of goods, performance of work or the provision of services that do not meet safety requirements, resulting in negligent harm to the health of two or more persons. At the same time, in connection with the incident, the Inspectorate for Food Safety work is underway. Pizza sale suspended at school. Currently, children receive appropriate medical care. Specialists from the Center for Disease Control and Prevention work at the school to identify other children with such complaints.